Nigerian Man accused of human trafficking in Springs, Ekurhuleni

Nigerian Man accused of human trafficking in Springs, Ekurhuleni

JOHANNESBURG- A man accused of human trafficking may face additional charges after being arrested in Springs, Ekurhuleni.

The 42-year-old was found with allegedly kidnapped teenagers, drugs and pornographic material.

Police found five teenagers including a 19-year-old, in what looks like a normal barbershop.

“Upon inquiries what are they doing there was no satisfactory explanation, 42-year-old Nigerian national was found, the house owner what are the children doing there, he couldn’t explain and it showed there was an unusual activity happening in the house and [we] searched the house,” Captain Thivhulawi Tshilate said.

Police had been tipped off about the suspect, who was allegedly keeping the young women as sex slaves.

The suspect will appear in the Springs Magistrate’s Court on Monday.

Police have appealed to parents to always know the whereabouts of their children.

Some of the teenagers are from Balfour in Mpumalanga and one is from KwaThema near Springs. They have been taken to a place of safety in Benoni.

eNCA

Facebook Comments

About author

Nigerians in South Africa
Nigerians in South Africa 1008 posts

We are about democracy, human rights, public opinion, political behavior, civil rights and policy aimed at improving the human condition, with a focus on African countries.

You might also like

Health 0 Comments

GAUTENG HEALTH DEPT TASK TEAM NOT A POLITICAL STRUCTURE – AARON MOTSOALEDI

JOHANNESBURG – Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi says that a task team roped in to help run the Gauteng Health Department will focus on critical areas, including skills development. The four-member

About Nigeria and her ‘bunch of unarmed robbers’

PRESIDENT Olusegun Obasanjo, himself not a saint, calls them a bunch of unarmed robbers. These are members of the National Assembly. Considering what many Nigerians think of Obasanjo’s own morality,

No Nigerian was killed in Ghana riot‎ – Official

The Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has refuted the report that five Nigerians were recently killed in Ghana. The ministry, in a statement on Tuesday, narrated the details of some

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

You can be first to comment this post!

Leave a Reply