Nigerians get ultimatum to leave South Africa

Nigerians get ultimatum to leave South Africa

Nigerians living in some parts of South Africa are under serious threat as indigenes gave them an ultimatum to leave the country or face grave consequences.

The Nigeria Union in South Africa revealed that two communities in the country have ordered Nigerians living among them to quit their areas accusing them of committing crimes and turning their women into prostitutes.

The President of the Nigerian Union, Ikechukwu Anyene, said the Kuruman community in Northern Cape Province gave Nigerians until Thursday, June 15, 2017, to leave, whilst the Klaafontein community, Extension 5, Johannesburg, also directed landlords not to renew the lease of Nigerians in the area.

Anyene said the grievances are that Nigerians are responsible for some social vices such as illicit drug trade and prostitution.

He said they blame Nigerians for every crime in the country committed by other Africans.

He said a Ugandan man allegedly raped a girl in Kwazulu Natal Province and was described as a Nigerian in the media.

The Union held series of meetings with the affected communities as well as police and local authorities on the recent threats to Nigerians.

Reports have also sent to the Nigerian Mission and the South African police.

Generally, hostility against Nigerians is on the increase recently in South Africa recently.

Many Nigerians complain that their permits are not renewed deliberately to frustrate them to leave the country.

The biased media judgment passed on Prophet Tim Omotoso has added to the xenophobic tendencies of South Africans against Nigerians.

Prophet Omotoso faces 22 count charges related to contravening the Sexual Offence Act in South Africa and two charges of rape.

Facebook Comments

About author

Femi Oshin
Femi Oshin 164 posts

Femi Oshin is a publisher at Nigeriansinsouthafrica.ca.za and Producer /Presenter of Agogo Ayo on Africa Magic Yoruba.

You might also like

#TimOmotoso : Assault case against Port Elizabeth journalists withdrawn

The eNCA reporters allege that they were attacked by several church members when they visited the PE branch of the Jesus Dominion International Church. The case against two journalists, charged

PARTS OF JOBURG TO BE WITHOUT WATER FOR 33 HOURS

JOHANNESBURG – Several parts of Johannesburg including Bryanston, Northcliff and Langlaagte will be without water for the next 33 hours. Residents will have their water cut from 8am on Tuesday

BLOODSHED IN KWAZULU-NATAL AS ANC TENSIONS RISE

DURBAN – In the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal, local politics is a deadly game, with at least 40 people killed in politically motivated shootings since last year. A battle

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

You can be first to comment this post!

Leave a Reply