HERMAN MASHABA : WE WILL ONLY PROVIDE ACCOMMODATION TO SOUTH AFRICANS

HERMAN MASHABA : WE WILL ONLY PROVIDE ACCOMMODATION TO SOUTH AFRICANS

JOHANNESBURG – Joburg Mayor Herman Mashaba says in a month’s time private business will know exactly how many hijacked buildings owned by the city are available for development.

Mashaba has been strongly criticised by human rights group SERI for the manner in which officials conduct raids to assess the unlawfully occupied buildings.

The time is approaching for private developers to make proposals to the city to turn the unlawfully occupied buildings owned by the City of Joburg into affordable housing.

Mashaba gave a stern warning to his critics.

“These so-called human rights lawyers, I’m warning them in advance so that they can start making preparations. We will only provide accommodation exclusively to South Africans.”

Mashaba says that through these building projects, job opportunities will be created.

“One of the conditions of us giving these buildings to the private sector is to tell us how many people they are going to be employed.”

SERI says that when someone asks the organization to assist with a legal battle, then will it go to court.

Story: Mia Lindeque
(Edited by Leeto M Khoza)

Facebook Comments

About author

Nigerians in South Africa
Nigerians in South Africa 1703 posts

We are about democracy, human rights, public opinion, political behavior, civil rights and policy aimed at improving the human condition, with a focus on African countries.

You might also like

Politics 0 Comments

THE GUPTA FAMILY FACES JUSTICE IN SOUTH AFRICA

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has blamed corrupt practices for the country’s economic problems. Since taking office earlier this year, he has been a man on a mission – determined

FAMILY LEFT TRAUMATISED AFTER JOBURG HIJACKING

Chanté Schatz, News24 A Johannesburg mother of two is traumatised after her family was hijacked outside their home on Tuesday. Watch the video above. Eileen Smith, who routinely waits outside

PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI STARTS PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN

Voters go to the polls on 16 February, four years after Buhari’s landmark victory which saw him become the first opposition candidate in Nigerian history to defeat a sitting president.

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

You can be first to comment this post!

Leave a Reply